Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"A Few Of My Favorite Things..."

Am I so tired? Yes. Should I be doing homework? Yes. Am I going to blog instead? Duh!
Yesterday we went and saw the Sound of Music at the Sundance Theater. It was so cool! Aaron got there early and saved us seats and the me, Carlie and her date Alex joined up with him along with the Richard Wray Family and Uncle John.

We snuck in some food (even though we were not supposed to!) and enjoyed the scenery until the show started.
The main reason we went to see it was because of this cute little girl:
Our cousin, Addie Wray, played the part of Marta in the play. She was darling and did such a great job! What a talented little girl with a great voice. I snuck some pictures, here they are :)
Do you want to know another highlight of our experience??? We saw THIS MAN!
That's right folks...we saw Elder Dallin H. Oaks!!! We actually sat exactly 2 rows behind him! Isn't that so cool!?! We definitely took some stalker pictures of him, here they are for your enjoyment.
 And here is one of my favorite pictures of him...reading his conference talk. Ok, not really, but I like to pretend. Though he did talk to the group behind us during intermission. They asked him, "What is your biggest concern for the church?" He said, "The decrease in birth rates and increase in age of those getting married." Very profound I thought.
Ok, one other thing. Tonight, for Carlie's class, she had to reenact a family tradition with friends/roommates. She choose Christmas Eve. We did the Nativity. I was Mary. Aaron was Joseph. Enough Said. The End.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

3 comments:

  1. Aubrey, you are so darling and so much fun. Let's get together and do something once we get back to Provo. Capeesh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH, I love your blog. :) It always makes me laugh and smile. And MISS Provo. Looks like you're having lots of fun!
    Carlie's apartment looks like it's set up just like my old apartment at Belmont. Ahhh, memories. :)

    ReplyDelete

Bloggin' With The Butlers