Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Weekend Adventure:

On Friday night my ward had a "Campout" at my Bishop's Cabin in Heber. Aaron was going to meet us up there later after work and so I headed up with Carlie and Emily. It turns out it is way far up a mountain, we had to stop and park at a certain place because there was a big water ditch, and wait for someone in our ward who had a large truck to get us across and drive us 2 miles up to the cabin.
 I didn't know this before and so I was trying to communicate this to Aaron through text, while having so service. I didn't know when he would arrive, how we could go get him or anything! Once I got to the cabin though I found a spot with some service so I glued myself there, probably sent 150 texts trying to get a hold of him and see where he was and I worried non stop. It got dark and still no sign of him. I almost took my Counselors truck to go find him and help him get across but luckily, right before I did, he showed up! He had found it and his car had made it through all the rocky terrain. What a relief! I ran up to his car and didn't let him go! We went inside, finally got him some dinner...
 and then we went outside with my ward to make some yummy s'mores. We decided to put Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in them and let me tell you, Oh Man! Yum!
 We then went inside and joined some of my roommates and others in our ward for a fun game of "catch phrase". I think we played for hours, but it was so much fun! I swear that Aaron and I had the advantage being engaged and all because we were on the same "wave-length" and guessing each other's answers at an unbelievable speed :)
 We then just hung out at the cabin the rest of the night, watched others playing games, snacked on Graham Crakers, got eaten by mosquitos, set up Aaron's sleeping stuff for that night and then finally headed to bed between the hours of 2-3am! (A little past Aaron's bed time). Luckily the girls got to sleep inside but the boys slept out on the deck.
 The next morning the boys woke up quite early and so Aaron just hung out until I got up :) I then met him outside and we waited for a yummy pancake breakfast, which we gobbled up quick. (Below are pictures of us in the morning, since I felt like we hadn't taken many, but it seems they always just turn out kind of silly when we take them ourselves).
Thanks Chuck and Aaron ;)
 We drove back to Provo right after breakfast (and thankfully Aaron's car survived the water again). We left early with the intention to do a 10 page paper for our marriage class but we were both so tired that we sat down and watched Tangled and then made lunch together. We were determined though that at night we would do our paper, so Aaron came over, and we did our paper did this...
 We sat next to each other on my couch and played around Skyping each other and tried different backgrounds and effects. It was quite fun...but not very productive.
 So we then started to work on our papers...psych! We decided to make a peach banana smoothie instead!
By that time it was too late to start on our papers so we watched all the videos of me on my Facebook, talked a little and then said goodnight...I swear, someday we will be productive! (I hope!).

Oh, and P.S. 20 days until we get married, no big deal :) YAY!

1 comment:

  1. You two are making so many awesome memories! That is worth a drop in productivity any day! I'm so happy and excited for you!



Bloggin' With The Butlers