Friday, June 1, 2012

I Got A JOB!!!


Wonder of Wonders, Miracles of Miracles...I GOT A JOB!!!!

Here is the story! I had applied to about 75 jobs in the Alpine and Provo Districts and only got one interview...with no job offer.

Nebo School District (Springville/Spanish Fork) then posted 40 jobs and I applied to ALL of them! I had 7 interviews and I felt super lucky! About a week later...I had been rejected by 3 schools and I was waiting to hear back from 4 more which were basically all older grades. I had accepted it that I would teach the older grades and all would be well...if I got a job. I had my email up all day, everyday waiting to hear any news. I almost emailed a principal just wanting to know when we would find out!

While in Tennis class, I saw that I missed a call from a random 801 number. I was so nervous! I 
thought...maybe it is a job or maybe its a rejection (because some schools have been 
calling to reject). I prepped myself and then listened to the voicemail and it was the 
Principal from Westside Elementary (where I did my first student teaching in 6th grade). She asked me 
to call her back. 

I was bummed because I was for sure that it was a rejection. They had 2 positions open. 
One in 1st grade and one in 3rd grade but they had 3 interns at their school...two in 3rd 
and one in 2nd. I was for sure that they would keep on their interns and not hire me.

I called her back and she said, "Aubrie, we would like to offer you the 1ST GRADE 
TEACHING POSITION AT WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY!" I responded, "YES! And I think I might 
start to cry!" Haha. It was the last job ever that I applied for that I thought I would get 
but I couldn't be happier! I am going to teach 1st grade! Yes!
The school is exactly a 6 minute drive from our house, right across Main Street and is filled 
with a wonderful staff! I couldn't be more excited! This really was probably my first choice! 

I have already started thinking of classroom themes and all the fun things I will be able to do with these 6 year olds! Woo Hoo! 

Yay for employment, a paycheck and getting Aaron through school! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is seriously so exciting Aubrie. Congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have to tell you a funny story. I just googled "disney paint chips" trying to find out if there's any store besides Home Depot that carries them. (I need them for an activity and can't find them at my Home Depot.) So that brought me to your blog. As I read the post about your disney paint chip countdown I thought, "Hmm they sound Mormon. Oh yep they are. Oh they live in Springville. She sounds like a teacher wonder where she teaches" and started scrolling through. (I used to live in UT and teach at Sage Creek in Springville.) Well lo and behold, you just got hired at Westside where my sister Heidi teaches 2nd grade. Small world on the internet, isn't it? Anyway, just thought you'd get a kick out of that story. :)

    ReplyDelete

Bloggin' With The Butlers