Saturday, September 1, 2012

One Year Anniversary!

The weekend of our Anniversary, August 19th, Aaron planned a little getaway weekend. We were fortunate enough to get away because I started school the following Tuesday and had an Open House at 1:00 on that Monday before. 

Aaron totally surprised me, though the day before he did let it slip that it was a four hour drive and I asked him about buying groceries and he said, "There is one by that gas station we always go to". Haha. None the less, I was so excited and couldn't wait to get away and see what he had planned. 

We packed up and got ready to go and when I opened my car door, this is what I found. A huge pack of delicious treats with the same note that was in our "food basket" provided by Heidi and Tylan when they packed us food to take on our Honeymoon, a year before. 
We drove to St. George and loved every minute of it. We talked about our wedding, the past year, all the changes (like our cute baby boy coming!) and just spending time together before school got started. We stayed in my Grandparents home while they were away and it was perfect! We stayed up and watched movies and ate way too many snacks!

The next morning we slept in, enjoyed some delicious poppy-seed bread Grandma had left us and then we got ready to go to the St. George temple and do sealings. It was wonderful and a way I think we are going to try to spend our anniversary's, remembering how we made those same commitments when we were married.
We used one of the gift certificates we still had from our wedding and we went out to eat at Applebee's. It was a nice little treat for us because we never eat out, unless we have a gift certificate and so it was quite special.
That night Aaron surprised me with tickets to see Hairspray at Tuachan. It was so great! I had never been there before!
It is so neat because the stage's backdrop is the red rocks of St. George. Beautiful...and about 110 degrees! ;)
The show was so good! I loved every minute of it and hope to go see another show there sometime!
Aaron and I recently discovered Cracker Barrel and so he stopped and put in our "food basket" some fun random treats. On the way home from Tuachan we cracked open the Jelly Belly box and had each other guess the flavor. It has now become a new pastime of ours.
We went to church in St. George the next day and enjoyed some delicious red velvet cupcakes with candles from Grandma and Grandpa. Yes...we ate lots of junk on this trip, don't judge.
We decided to drive home late that night instead of getting up and leaving at 4am. It was a short trip but just what we needed before life got super busy and crazy! 

Love my husband so so so so much! It was definitely, by far, the best decision ever that I made to marry him! I have never been so happy or had such a wonderful year! I can't wait for this next year and all its new changes and more love to be shared!

1 comment:

  1. That is seriously the cutest thing! Love it!!! And I can only imagine watching hairspray live. I totally would have been singing along and dancing the LIGHT moves in my head!!!

    ReplyDelete

Bloggin' With The Butlers