Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Whirlwind of an Update: September

The first week of September BYU started back up...unfortunately. We loved summer and having Aaron home in the evenings and having such a flexible schedule. Like I said earlier, my mom was up here to help Carlie get transitioned back into school since she is in her last semester at BYU and she is student teaching Special Education here in Provo. I am watching Hudson 3 days a week from about 8-4 everyday. We loved having mom here to help get adjusted to this new experience.
 I am anemic during my pregnancies and during the second trimester my doctor told me my iron level was terrible and that I needed to do something about it. I tried taking iron supplement pills but they made me throw up everything within an hour. I was able to get an "Slow Fe" pill that is supposed to be more gentle on your stomach and help you keep it down. Mom and I also looked up things that contain lots of iron to help me get more iron in my system.
 Love my sweet boys and the good example Aaron sets for Bennett. They are such great buddies.
 We go to Toddler Time at the Library every Tuesday and Thursday (when I don't watch Hudson) and though Bennett usually only makes it through the opening song, wanders and then comes back for the puppet show, we love it. He is the most enthusiastic kid there and everyone gets a kick out of him. Even the ladies who put it on remember him and take time to say hello and get him involved. 
 Another adventure one day for Bennett and I took us back to the Riverwoods to just run around and play. We visited the arcade and toy store which Bennett loved.
 And then made another unexpected trip into the splash pad. Bennett loved running around in the water and getting wet. This kid loves water!
 We built the baby swing at our house hoping Hudson would like it during the days that I watched him but it turns out Bennett enjoyed it more and spent quite a bit of time in it.
 On one of our family walks we went into the BYU indoor track and Bennett loved running around it.
 I think this is one of the first days that I started watching Hudson. We were really just trying to figure out how to survive, watch 2 boys and meet everyone's needs. Good practice for our soon to be live really soon.
 I got a Moby Wrap (and since I don't have double stroller yet) I wrapped Hudson up in it and then put Bennett in the stroller and attempted to go on a walk so we could get out of the house...it was hard. I am sure I looked so weird with an almost 2 year old, a 4 month old and my 7 month pregnant belly. We barley made it around the block.
 When you are busy with one baby, the other manages to get in trouble and takes advantage of this new found freedom.
 Another day watching Hudson. Bennett was interested in his cool toys and so naturally he wanted to play with them and didn't care to notice that Hudson was there, He sat right down on him and started to play. Haha, don't worry, no one was harmed.
 The park is one of Bennett's favorite places, especially sitting in the swings. He literally could sit there, in a trance, for an hour. He loves it and I'm not complaining!
 Aaron's birthday was on Saturday September 13th. I snuck into his two offices at BYU on Thursday afternoon and decorated them and left treats so he would have them to celebrate with his school friends on Friday. He had no idea that I had done that! 
Here is his Alumni Office. I left party hats and donuts and some cute BYU themed birthday wall signs.
 I also decorated his office at work, with some cinnamon rolls for everyone.
He was surprised and grateful to find these in his office the next morning.  
 I left that Friday night for Park City for the annual Hansen Girls Retreat. Carlie and I went up together, with Hudson, and met everyone for dinner and then headed back to the house for games, embarrassing commercials, lots of snacking and a fun experience of sleeping on a queen size bunk bed with Carlie and I on the bottom and Terri and Grandma on top. The next morning we went out to lunch at Kneaders, shopped for a minute and then returned home. I always love this little get away! Thanks for everything Grandma!
 That Saturday was Aaron's birthday. We really celebrated all weekend. School celebration on Friday, hanging out and birthday dinner on Saturday (Steak, twice baked potatoes and broccoli) and dessert (twix salted caramel cookie bars with Tillamook ice cream) and then Sunday with breakfast in bed and presents. Not sure where my pictures of the birthday boy are but we sure love him and are grateful he was born!
Lots of pictures from September include these 2 boys because that's what a lot of my days consist of...Bennett is getting more used to having Hudson around but definitely has his moments (like bringing me Hudson's carseat and basically saying, "Mom! Put him in here and take him home!")
Bennett has had his fair of injuries lately and this one happened at the park. He was standing on the bridge at the park and I was right there by him but of course he heard a plane, looked up to find it, lost his balance and fell off the bridge backwards. He had a really bloody mouth. I of course freaked, tried to clean him up and get him to drink from his sippy cup. He survived and we headed home to eat Popsicles to help with the pain. It probably hurt me more than him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggin' With The Butlers